Saturday, June 20, 2009

Slowly, but surely I'm quilting

I'm so excited! I've got another month's worth of Be Attitudes blocks finished. Aren't they so cute? Every time I work on them, I'm thankful to Peggy for sharing the darker fabrics with me.

Speaking of fabric sharing, Kathi, a friend from Kansas sent me a surprise squishy filled with little 1.5" charms. I used them to make 2 more blocks for my on-going Perkiomen Daydreams quilt. Thank you, Kathi. :o)

I have a big, blue quilt loaded on the quilting machine and it is the largest quilt I've done. It barely fits. I have about one foot all the way across quilted and now, for some strange reason, the thread I'm using has started breaking every few feet. I'm too frustrated to keep working it tonight. Tomorrow, I'll mess around with it and see if I can get it to work, but if not, I'll switch to a regular non-metallic thread. I so wanted to make the quilt sparkle, but not if I have to stop and re-thread the machine every minute or two. I'm simply not that patient.
Monday, classes start at the local college and I'll be there taking a math class; Math 111-College Algebra. With luck, it will be the last math class I have to take. It's been a couple of years since I've taken a math class. I hope I haven't forgotten everything, but if I have, I have the book from the last class to refresh my brain, both my kids are beyond that and could help tutor *AND* my other son and little brother both are signed up for the same exact class. I guess this is the summer for math. This is the last term that my son will be going to the community college. He was accepted into Oregon State University into the pre-med program and is studying Radiation Health Physics. I'm so excited for him. :o) I hope he likes it. This summer ought to be class-filled and, hopefully, fun!

No comments: