Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Journey Steps" blocks

One of my online quilting groups is having a block swap, but I didn't join in. It my favorite type of swap, but it calls for batiks, and I'm running low. My sweetie has been off work for over 5 months, so somehow, buying batik fabrics didn't seem to be a top priority. Instead, I made my blocks out of regular purple fabric and played along. :o) Wanna' see my blocks?



It's not the same as a batik quilt, but it's going to be cute! And did you notice that every single block is a different color of purple? :o)

Instructions:
Some have asked how to make this blocks, so I wrote up some instructions for you:

The purple blocks are soooo easy to make. The little 4-patch are made of 1.5" blocks, 2 yellow and 2 purple, to end up measuring 2.5". Then, they are made into a 4-patch, alternating with 2.5" purple squares. Those are then set in 4-patch style with two 4.5" squares. When they are all sewn together, they measure out at 8.5", to finish as 8" blocks. So easy! Just make sure that your little yellow squares line up correctly.

1 comment:

busylizzy said...

Beautiful Debi! That's going to be a gorgous quilt.