Saturday, November 7, 2009

No pics today

It's been awhile, so I figured I'd just put some words here to let you all know what I'm doing.
Everybody is healthy, Rick is out hunting, this college term is about half over, so I'm thinking that Paddy and Jack are sighing a bit in relief. I know I am. My math class is kicking my butt, but I think I'm winning. I really hope that this is my last math class in college. No guarantees, but a girl can hope, can't she? :o)
Today, I did no math homework nor any quilting. :o( Instead, I defrosted the regular fridge, the little fridge and the freezer. Then I cleaned out the fridge, roasted a leg of lamb that I found in the freezer and am in the process of making a double batch of pear butter.
My roof was leaking into my sewing room, but I got up on the ladder and raked all the maple leaves out of the valley and yay! No more leak. I would've asked Rick, but he's gone elk hunting this week.
At work (a special education high school class), we are having a unit on quilting. We are making quilts for charity and also hot pads for the kids. "Little quilts". 2 of my sewing machines are now in need of some TLC. They won't work at school. Maybe they'll do better at home. If not, I have 3 machines ready to go to the sewing machine doctor... and one of them is my favorite "use it for everything" machine. I love to quilt, but I am so ready for our quilting class to be done. Have you ever tried to teach a pre-schooler or grade-schooler how to quilt? Well, that's us, times 12. We do have 7 quilts ready to go to the school police officer, so that will be exciting.
OK, that's enough for tonight. I've got homework to do tomorrow, so I need to get some rest so that my brain will work tomorrow.
Hugs to everyone and I hope your roof doesn't leak in this beautiful fall weather.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hey you. So proud of your plugging away at your classes. I realllllly am. And of your kids too. You are setting such a good example for them and the grands. I cannot imagine the sewing class. You have such great patience!!!!