Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Monkey quilt is done



The Monkey quilt, for my niece in Arizona, is all finished. Of course, Wren & Ben want a Monkey quilt, too, so it's a good thing I have leftovers, huh? I do believe that I will have to use the rest of it up soon, so that they have their own Monkey quilt. They love the "5 Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed" song.


Here's the backing.
I had a red twin sheet, but obviously, it wasn't large enough, so I split it and added strips of leftover sheets from previous projects. That way, I could still use her favorite color, red, without buying anything else.

And just so you can see it, here is a close-up of both the quilting and the binding. I love the look of this binding. It's a batik with curvy stripes, that I got off the clearance rack in my LQS. I didn't know what I needed it for when I bought it, but I'm finding a good use for part of it here.

1 comment:

Cher said...

what a fun quilt!